“He has a full understanding of the risks associated to our industry, knows how to avoid them, and provides sufficient guarantees to develop our functions transparently.”
Chambers Latin America 2024
Juan Diego Ugaz
Juan Diego is Partner of the firm, specializing in criminal law.
Prior to joining the firm, he was an Associate at Benites, Forno & Ugaz Abogados (2009-2013), and completed an internship at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (Washington DC, USA). He has extensive experience in litigation and criminal consulting.
- Masters in Criminal Law, University of Sevilla, Spain, 2012
- Doctoral Studies in Criminal Law, University of Sevilla, Spain, 2012
- Victimology expert title, University of Sevilla, Spain, 2012
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2009
- LL.B, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2007
Admitted to the Bar
- Lima, 2009
- Professor of Criminal Law, Law School, Universidad de Lima
- ‘La eximente de obediencia debida en el Derecho Penal’, author (Lima, 2010)
- ‘Feminicidio y discriminación positiva en Derecho Penal’, co-author (Lima, 2012)
- Articles on criminal law in specialized journals