“He is the person you call when you have to discuss strategic matters.”
Chambers Latin America 2022
José Antonio Payet
José Antonio is a founding Partner of the firm in 1996, specializing in general commercial law, mergers and acquisitions and financial transactions.
He has extensive experience and proven track record in the sector. He has participated in several of the most important corporate finance transactions in Peru, including acquisitions and divestitures of public and privately held companies, securities offerings, securitizations, traditional banking and project finance lending, among others.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Fulbright Scholar, Harvard University, 1991
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1989
Admitted to the Bar
- Lima, 1989
- International Bar Association
- He has been a professor of law in his areas of expertise at the Law School of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú and other Peruvian universities.
- Speaker in his areas of expertise in local and international events.
- Various articles on securities law, corporate law and private pension funds in specialized journals and collective works