“Cecilia Gonzáles provides a wide view that goes beyond the legal field and helps us to move forward.”
Chambers Latin America 2024
Cecilia is Partner of the firm and a prominent corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory lawyer specialized in natural resources and extractive industries. With a longstanding career and years of experience, Cecilia is considered one of the top references in the Peruvian mining sector and has earned international prestige.
Cecilia has unparalleled experience in mining contracting, advising on environmental and social requirements related to the development of exploration and exploitation projects, as well as in mining procedures for obtaining concessions and state reform in the mining sector. Cecilia is frequently involved in major cross-border transactions in the mining sector and handles tax and regulatory matters and project planning for local and international clients.
Additionally, she has participated in most, if not all, of the privatization processes of mining or mining-related assets carried out by the Peruvian State, advising foreign investors. She currently represents mining companies involved in important investment projects in Peru, Ecuador, Argentina and Chile.
Cecilia is a regular speaker at local and international events such as, the Latin American Yearbook of Mining Law – Legal Foundations of the Mining Sector in Latin America organized by the Colombian Mining Association and the Externado University of Colombia.
- Master of Laws in Natural Resources and Mining Policy, University of Dundee, Center for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy (United Kingdom)
- Postgraduate in Legislation and Contracting in Oil, Gas and Mining Resources, International Development Law Institute – IDLI (Italy)
- LL. B., University of Lima
Admitted to the Bar
- Lima, 1993
- The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law
- International Mining Professionals Society
- Scottish International Resource Program