“She is a very experienced lawyer who is creative in finding solutions to your problems.”
Chambers Latin America 2022
Vanessa is Partner of the firm, who leads the environmental area, specializing in environmental law, mining, energy law and management of social-environmental conflicts.
She has broad experience in environmental law, both in analytical and practical aspects of general and sectorial environmental regulations. Her professional practice is focused on providing legal advice on environmental and social issues related to all productive sectors with an emphasis on agriculture, industry, transportation, fishing and aquaculture, mining, electricity, among others; both in the defense of administrative sanctioning procedures and in advising on the design and implementation of environmental management strategies for prevention, mitigation, remediation or environmental compensation.
Prior to joining the firm, she was an Associate at Estudio Grau and she worked at the Ombudsman´s Office in environmental and indigenous issues.
- Biodiversity Monitoring and Assessment Program (BMAP), Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute – Center for Conservation and Sustainability, 2018
- Master in Business Administration (MBA), INCAE Business School, 2017
- Sustainability Management Program, INCAE Business School, 2015
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2011
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Energy Law, Universidad Privada de Ciencias Aplicadas, 2008
- Diploma in Environmental Conflicts: Planning, Negotiation and Mediation, Facultad Latinoamerica de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSCO – Argentina), 2008
- LL.B., Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2005
Admitted to the Bar
- Callao, 2012
- National Law Institute of Mining, Petroleum and Energy (INDEMIPE)
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA)
- Advisory Council of the Environmental Law Team of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (EDERA) in the period 2021 – 2023
- Legal regulations for the development of extractive activities in Latin America: comparative analysis (Instituto de Ciencias de la Naturaleza, Territorio y Energías Renovables – PUCP, 2015)
- Business and Society: an approach to socio-environmental conflicts in mining (Journal No. 6, Administrative Law Circle of the PUCP Law School, 2008).
- She has written articles on environmental and mining law in specialized journals and she has prepared comparative legislation studies in such topics. Vanessa has been a speaker at international forums on topics of her expertise.
- She was a professor in the Diploma of Extractive Industries, Surveillance and Sustainable Development – Institute of Nature Sciences, Territory and Renewable Energies (INTE), Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- She was commissioned for research by the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique de France (CNRS) in the Program for the Reintroduction of Camelids in Peruvian Protected Natural Areas – RECAP