Iván is Counsel of the Firm and specializes in Corporate, Criminal Law and Compliance.
He has served as a deputy anti-corruption public prosecutor, an adviser to the Senior Management of the Ministry of Justice, an adviser in Criminal Law to the National Prosecutor’s Office, a member of the Legal Advisory Council of the Peruvian State, and a representative of the Ministry of Justice before the High-Level Anti-Corruption Commission. Likewise, Iván was Head of the Investigations Unit at the National Anticorruption Office of Peru, an external consultant for the International Labour Organization, and an external consultant on legal-criminal and corruption related matters to the Ombudsman’s Office.
Iván is an international consultant on criminal law and has extensive experience as a lawyer, professor and university researcher. Iván also stands out for his academic research work on the legal theory of crime, misconduct in public office (criminal treatment of corruption), economic and business criminal law, criminal law and human rights.
- Doctor of Law, University of Cádiz (Spain), 2014.
- LL.B., Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1997.
- B.A., Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1993.
- Postdoctoral research at the Institute of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedural Law at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Germany), Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), International Crimes Issues Course of the U.S. State Departmen (USA), Institute of Criminal Law and Justice – Foreign and International Criminal Law – Universität Göttingen (Germany), Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law in Freiburg i.B. (Germany), University of Fribourg School of Law (Switzerland) and University of Cádiz School of Law (Spain).
Admitted to the Bar
- Callao, 1998
- Member of the The Research Centre for Latin American Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure, University of Göttingen (Germany).
- Member of the International Scientific and Editorial Committee of Libertas – Revista de la Fundación Internacional de Ciencias Penales (Spain).
- Member of the International Advisory Committee, Revista de Derecho Penal (Uruguay).
- Member of the Advisory Committee, Revista Peruana de Ciencias Penales.
- Full Professor, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Member of the Doctoral Committee of the School of Law, Postgraduate School, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Coordinator and Researcher, Criminal Law and Criminology Research Group, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Former Professor at the University of Cadiz School of Law (Spain).
- Former Professor at the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (Lima), Universidad San Martín de Porres (Lima) Universidad Nacional de Trujillo (Trujillo), and the Universidad de Piura .
- Honorary Professor at the Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca and at the Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (Arequipa).
- Author and/or Co-Author of publications and research on Economic Criminal Law, Business Criminal Law, Civil Service Criminal Law and Human Rights Criminal Law, among others, published in Argentina, Chile, Colombia. Cuba, Spain, Peru and Uruguay.