“Angel has a lot of experience in this market, and he has vast knowledge of the Peruvian legislation and the public sector.”
Chambers Latin America 2024
Angel is Counsel of the firm, specializing in mining law, environmental law and public management.
He has more than 20 years experience working for public entities of Peru linked to the mining sector. Angel has recently served as Normative Director of the General Directorate of Mining Environmental Affairs of the Ministry of Energy and Mines. He was formerly legal counsel to the Institutional Presidency of the Geological Mining and Metallurgical Institute – INGEMMET, as well as General Director of the Mining Concessions Directorate.
- Master in Regulation, Management and Mining Economy, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2021
- Environmental Management in Mining Program, The International Mining for Development Centre´s (IM4DC) and University of Queensland – Brisbane (Australia) 2014
- Developing a Community Engagement Framework for Sustainable Mining in Peru Program, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) – Brisbane (Australia), 2013
- Diploma in Strategic Environmental Assessment, UNEP / CEDDET Foundation, 2012
- Diploma of Specialization in Interculturality, Indigenous Populations and Afro-descendant, Universidad Ricardo Palma and Ministry of Culture, 2011
- Second Specialty Program in Environmental Law and Natural Resources, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2009
- Diploma in Mining and Environment Law, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, 2008
- International Program of Specialization in Public Management, The Ortega y Gasset University Research Institute, 2004
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1991
Admitted to the Bar
- University professor in graduates in his specialty in ESAN and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Speaker on mining and environmental topics in national forums on matters of his specialty.
- Various articles on environmental law and mining law in specialized magazines.