Mario is a Partner of the firm, specializing in commercial arbitration and judicial proceedings (civil, commercial, administrative and constitutional litigation).
Mario is one of the most prominent experts in arbitration and has extensive experience as an arbitrator in various ad hoc tribunals and in the Chamber of Commerce of Lima in matters related to concessions, infrastructure, public-private partnerships, commercial contracts, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, he was a Partner of Bullard Falla Ezcurra +, has been a founding Partner of Reggiardo & Grau – Abogados and was also Partner and head of the Civil Litigation Area of Benites, Forno & Ugaz – Abogados. Mario has also been a legal researcher at the Institute of Liberty and Democracy – ILD and Director of the Internal Affairs Office at the Ministry of Interior.
Mario has been a member of the Commission of the Ministry of Justice in charge of proposing reforms to the Civil Procedure Code, a member of the Licenses Tribunal of the Peruvian Football Federation and a member of the subcommittees for Internal Control and Legal Reform for the Execution Commission of the Reform and Modernization Project of the National Police of Peru.
- Master in Law & Economics from the University of Hamburg (Germany), 2004
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1999
Admitted to the Bar
- Lima, 1999
- Named Honorary member by the Huanuco Bar Association
- “José Matías Manzanilla” award by the Ica Bar Association
- Appointed Member of the Working Group by the Ministry of Justice to propose reforms to the Civil Procedural Code (2016 – 2017)
- Member of the Licenses’ Board of the Peruvian Football Federation (2016 – 2017)
- Arbitrator for the Arbitration Center at the Lima Chamber of Commerce (2010 – 2017).
- Professor of Economic Analysis of Procedural Law at the Law School of the Universidad del Pacífico and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Professor of Challenging of the Res Iudicata for the Master´s Degree Program in Procedural Law at the Law School of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Former professor of Economic Analysis of Law for the Master´s Degree Program in Business Law at the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, the Master´s Degree Program in Banking Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú and at the Economic and Business School – ESEN (El Salvador).
- Former professor of Economic Analysis of Law for the Master´s Degree Program in Procedural Law and Dispute Resolution at the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- Speaker at various conferences and seminars in Peru and abroad.
- Various articles on Arbitration and Civil Procedural Law in specialized journals.