Carlos is a Partner of the firm, specializing in antitrust, regulatory law, telecommunications, energy, corporate law and civil law.
He has extensive experience in both the analytical and regulatory issues related to Peruvian Competition Law, covering a wide variety of industries. He has participated in leading antitrust cases, including the most emblematic price-fixing investigations carried out in Peru (i.e., tissue paper, shipping conferences, PCC, LPG, drugstores).
Prior to joining the firm he was a Guest Associate at the offices of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York. He has also been a Senior Associate at Andersen Legal (firm associated to Andersen Worldwide), and has held the positions of Technical Secretariat of the Consumer Protection Commission, Advisor of the Economic Studies Department, Assistant Clerk of the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition and Assistant Clerk of the Unfair Competition Commission at the National Institute for the Defense of Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI).
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Public Policy in Latin America, Shell Centenary Scholar, Oxford University, 2001
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Yale University, 1998
- Licensed in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1997
Admitted to the Bar
- Lima, 2000
- American Bar Association
- American Law & Economics Association
- Tenured Professor of Tort Law, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Professor of Economic Regulation and Antitrust Law, Graduate School, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias
- Visiting Professor, Law & Policy in the Americas, Levin College of Law, University of Florida (2006)
- ‘Overview of Competition Law in Latin America’, contributor (IBRAC, 2016)
- ‘Global Antitrust and Compliance Handbook’, contributor (Oxford University Press, 2014)
- ‘Merger Control Worldwide’, contributor (Cambridge University Press, 2012)
- ‘Anti-Cartel Enforcement Worldwide’, contributor (Cambridge University Press, 2009)
- ‘Ensayos Sobre Protección al Consumidor en el Perú’, contributor (Universidad del Pacífico 2011)
- ‘El Derecho de la Competencia Desleal’, coeditor (UPC, 2008)
- ‘¿Por Qué Hay Que Cambiar el Código Civil?’, contributor (UPC, 2001)
- Various articles on antitrust law, law and economics and regulatory law in collective works and specialized journals
“Clarity when explaining the risks related to certain issues, which provides a wider insight into matters. He is a real specialist in this field.”
Chambers Latin America 2019
“Leading figure in the field and directs and excellent team of associates.”